Family-Based Immigration

People often have personal relationships with others who are living abroad, which may include fiancés, spouses, or children. At some point, you may want your family to come to the United States to live with you. But how? How do you bring your fiancé, spouse, or children to the United States to live permanently? We can help!

Fiance Visa

If you are not yet married, and you want to bring your fiancé to the United States to marry and begin your new life, the K-1 visa may be a good option for you. The K-1 visa, which is commonly referred to as the Fiance Visa, allows a foreign national to enter the United States for the purpose of getting married to a U.S. citizen.
The process of obtaining a K-1 visa can be confusing, as it has several steps that must be taken before an approval is granted, including application, an interview with the U.S. consulate, criminal background checks, and medical exams. In addition, you and your partner must demonstrate your intention to marry within 90 days of your partner’s entry, and then you must follow through with those plans and get married within 90 days. After your marriage, your spouse may apply for her green card.
The application process for the K-1 visa requires time, attention to detail, patience, and a lot of evidence. It is important that you have an experienced attorney by your side as you maneuver through the process to help you handle the challenges that you may encounter.
Call us today at (904) 510-5341 for a free case evaluation and see what we can do for you!
Marriage Green Cards
If you are already married to a non-U.S. citizen, and your family chooses to permanently reside in the United States, your spouse may apply for permanent residency (also known as a green card). The process for obtaining a spousal green card can vary, depending on where your spouse is presently living, and this may also affect the amount of time it can take to process the application.
Because the process may not be straight forward and easy to follow, you may want to have an experienced attorney help you through the process. Call us today at (904) 510-5341 for a free case evaluation. We are here to help you!   
Green Cards for Family Members

It is not uncommon to want to bring children or other family members to the United States to be with you. Your relationship to your family member will determine the requirements that must be met before you may file an application with the U.S. government. In addition, different documents may be required when petitioning for different levels of family members. The application process can be confusing, and you want to ensure that you are providing all the required documents to avoid any potential delays or unnecessary denials.
To ensure that you are going through the process correctly, you may want to seek the guidance of an experienced attorney. Call us today at (904) 510-5341 for your free case evaluation. We want to help you bring your family together!

Schedule Your Consultation Today

  • By submitting this form, I am authorizing a representative of Eilert Law, PLLC to contact me directly by Telephone or Email regarding my legal matter. I understand that submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship, and I acknowledge that no guarantees have been made to me regarding my case.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Call us today

(904) 510-5341

Send a fax

(904) 485-8244

Write an email